Processing Service Interruptions
Major incident Production Environment - Production: Web Services (API) Sandbox Environment - Sandbox: BuyNow Hosted Pages - Production: BuyNow Hosted Pages - Sandbox: Web Services (API)2018-10-28 13:30 PST · 2 hours, 9 minutes
RetroactiveDecember 4, 2020 · 02:41 PST
Unfortunately, we experienced several transaction failures with one of our acquiring banks.
- During the incident timeframe, we encountered transaction failures which impacted captures and refunds.
- The failures appeared in a specific acquirer and resulted from communication interruptions of specific servers in our US Datacenter.
- In the majority of cases - this incident had no impact on our services, thanks to the acquirer failover mechanism - failed captures failed over to a secondary bank.
- Our Operations team redirected traffic to our UK Datacenter to isolate impacted environment to resolve routing - since this change, we see no further transaction failures.
- We are still working with the acquirer’s technical team to understand the root-cause and take actions to prevent this from happening in the future.